This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Fix source file not found when part of the path does not exist but that a canonicalized path exists.
- From: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 14:48:14 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Fix source file not found when part of the path does not exist but that a canonicalized path exists.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1422994793-9861-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <1422994793-9861-2-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <54D12F84 dot 3090004 at ericsson dot com> <55154BEB dot 9050104 at redhat dot com>
On 03/27/2015 08:24 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
On 02/03/2015 08:28 PM, Antoine Tremblay wrote:
Unfortunately the 1/2 patch of this patchset failed because it's
about 1M , and mailman is only accepting < 400k emails...
The patch is large since I'm replacing canonicalize-lgpl from
binutils with canonicalize and that triggers a few dependencies..
Eh, so large... What is it exactly pulling?
It is pulling the following modules as dependencies to canonicalize :
Any ideas on how I should proceed ?
I could send a patch with only the change to the update-gnulib.sh maybe ?
Yes, please, along with any other changes outside import/.
I assume you'll need to change gdb/gnulib/Makefile.in too.
And be sure to explain why canonicalize-lgpl doesn't work
for what we need.
I will add the changes outside of import at the end of this mail,
however I think I should commit the whole thing otherwise someone else
will have to do it... Maybe exceptionally you can review the patch on
github ? (I've included the link later in the email)
As to why canonizlize-gpl doesn't work :
Since canonicalize-lgpl uses the system's realpath implementation, we
can't canonicalize a path that does not exist on the current file system
in it's uncanonicalized form.
However this path may exist on the system in it's canonicalized form,
this is actually common with some IDEs that use outside of tree builds
and relative paths as documented in PR breakpoints/17497.
I can add this to the patch comments....
Could you push the patches as a branch somewhere? That'd
make it trivial to pull/try them.
Yes I've uploaded my patchset at : https://github.com/hexa00/binutils-gdb
Patch outside of import (Note that Makefile.in is generated
automatically so the only manual change is gdb/gnulib/update-gnulib.sh
diff --git a/gdb/gnulib/update-gnulib.sh b/gdb/gnulib/update-gnulib.sh
index 5c7238f..5845f09 100644
@@ -31,7 +31,7 @@
# The list of gnulib modules we are importing in GDB.
- canonicalize-lgpl \
+ canonicalize \