This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix MI dprintf-insert not printing when a location is pending.
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Antoine Tremblay <antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:34:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix MI dprintf-insert not printing when a location is pending.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55154E63 dot 5040603 at ericsson dot com> <1427459819-29661-1-git-send-email-antoine dot tremblay at ericsson dot com> <55158AAF dot 7010709 at redhat dot com> <55158F97 dot 7030400 at ericsson dot com>
On 03/27/2015 10:12 AM, Antoine Tremblay wrote:
However there is still a problem forcing me to use gdb_expect I think,
namely mi_gdb_test waits for a command prompt like so :
-re "^($string_regex\[\r\n\]+)?($pattern\[\r\n\]+$mi_gdb_prompt\[ \]*)"
However dprintf does mean you will get a prompt printed...
You will get a prompt only when hitting the breakpoint I placed.
Ick. Yeah, you are right. My bad.
I could remove mi_expect_stop at the end and assume that breakpoint will
not fail but I think it's not right ? also mi-dprintf.exp is using the
same mi_run_cmd / gdb_expect / mi_expect_stop ...
What do you think ?
I think everything is fine as it is. Sorry about the noise.
So, once again, while I am not a maintainer, I recommend a maintainer
approve this patch.
Thank you for your patience,