This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 4/4] compile: New 'compile print'
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- Cc: Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:16:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] compile: New 'compile print'
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150326205727 dot 28223 dot 54648 dot stgit at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20150326205752 dot 28223 dot 24230 dot stgit at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <83iodmnc18 dot fsf at gnu dot org> <20150327073333 dot GA28529 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <83d23unazo dot fsf at gnu dot org> <55150D18 dot 6020308 at redhat dot com> <838uein6un dot fsf at gnu dot org>
On Fri, 27 Mar 2015 10:10:40 +0100, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Btw, what does this fact mean for what can and cannot be in the
Anything that can be in the inferior code. GDB extensions are not yet
implemented, except for '@' (which is not a part of this patchset).
> Can it include calls to standard functions? Can it call functions from
> libraries other than libc? What about functions defined by the inferior?
yes, yes (as long as the library is already DT_NEEDEDed or dlopen()ed by the