This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/3] Fix PR 18139: tweak gdb.linespec/break-asm-file.exp for non-x86 targets
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 08:32:16 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] Fix PR 18139: tweak gdb.linespec/break-asm-file.exp for non-x86 targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426785208-18301-1-git-send-email-qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
On 19/03/15 17:13, Yao Qi wrote:
I notice gdb.linespec/break-asm-file.exp fails on some targets, arm,
ppc64, and aarch64. gdb.linespec/break-asm-file.exp is written in a
way which has a lot assumptions on x86, and even it is lucky this case
passes on x86 (see patch 3).
There are some hard-coded stuff in the .s files, and I want to replace
them with something better (see patch 2). During this, I find .s should
be compiled without debug info, because it has already had, so patch 1
is to compile .s files without debug info.
I tested this patch on arm, aarch64, and ppc64, fails are fixed. I find
this test fails on s39x too, but I don't have a machine to test.
I've pushed them in.