This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] gdb: New frame_cache_cleared observer.
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Andrew Burgess <andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 16:18:47 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] gdb: New frame_cache_cleared observer.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1427303468-17834-1-git-send-email-andrew dot burgess at embecosm dot com>
On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Andrew Burgess
> This adds a new observer for the frame cache cleared event.
> While working on a new gdb port I found that I wanted to cache machine
> state that was gathered as part of the register read process. The
> most appropriate time to discard this cached information is when the
> frame cache is flushed.
> However, as I don't have an actual use for this observer that I can
> post upstream (yet) I don't know if this will be acceptable, but given
> it's a fairly small change I thought I'd try.
> OK to apply?
> This adds a new frame_cache_cleared observer.
> * frame.c (reinit_frame_cache): Trigger frame_cache_cleared
AIUI, our rules for dead code elimination preclude such a patch being applied.
I can go either way on this particular patch myself, but those are the rules
(as I understand them).