This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v6 1/6] Identify remote fork event support
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Don Breazeal <donb at codesourcery dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 10:57:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 1/6] Identify remote fork event support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1424997977-13316-1-git-send-email-donb at codesourcery dot com> <1426625788-4469-1-git-send-email-donb at codesourcery dot com> <1426625788-4469-2-git-send-email-donb at codesourcery dot com>
On 03/17/2015 08:56 PM, Don Breazeal wrote:
> @@ -12508,7 +12524,8 @@ Show the maximum size of the address (in bits) in a memory packet."), NULL,
> add_packet_config_cmd (&remote_protocol_packets[PACKET_hwbreak_feature],
> "hwbreak-feature", "hwbreak-feature", 0);
> - /* Assert that we've registered commands for all packet configs. */
> + /* Assert that we've registered "set remote foo-packet" commands
> + for all packet configs. */
> int i;
This hunk could go immediately/separately as obvious.
> @@ -12527,6 +12544,8 @@ Show the maximum size of the address (in bits) in a memory packet."), NULL,
> case PACKET_DisconnectedTracing_feature:
> case PACKET_augmented_libraries_svr4_read_feature:
> case PACKET_qCRC:
> + case PACKET_fork_event_feature:
> + case PACKET_vfork_event_feature:
> /* Additions to this list need to be well justified:
> pre-existing packets are OK; new packets are not. */
I think I mentioned this before: please do register commands for these
features. As the comment says, new packets here are not OK without
good justification, and I can't think of a good justification.
Then you'll need to make sure remote_query_supported only includes the
feature in GDB's query if the feature wasn't force-disabled. See
the new swbreak+ feature's handling in that function.
> excepted = 1;