This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v2] PR gdb/18021 - defend against "static virtual" methods
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:58:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] PR gdb/18021 - defend against "static virtual" methods
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <21748 dot 61962 dot 344149 dot 29700 at ruffy2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <1426617200-16753-1-git-send-email-keiths at redhat dot com> <21772 dot 18588 dot 839357 dot 265438 at ruffy2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com>
On 03/20/2015 09:19 AM, Doug Evans wrote:
Thank you, Doug, for reviewing my patch. I've now pushed it.
All of these complaints should provide more info of where to
find the offending debug info. Some do, but at the moment it
is rather adhoc. If we, for example, had a
dwarf_complaint function that took a CU parameter (or some such)
and a DIE offset then we could always provide that info without requiring
every call site of complaint() to write things like:
_("Variable in common block has "
"- DIE at 0x%x [in module %s]"),
dwarf_complaint would add something like the
" [in DIE at offset ... in module ...]".
Even that's not enough, it doesn't distinguish .debug_info
vs .debug_types, etc., but I'm not sure that info is always
available and offset + file should be good enough.
Yeah, that seems like a relatively easy cleanup to do. I'll see if I can
get to it in the next week or three. I've got a few other things on my
plate that I need to get into.