This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Add IPv6 support for remote TCP connections
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, ktietz at redhat dot com, brobecker at adacore dot com, fercerpav at gmail dot com
- Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 18:53:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add IPv6 support for remote TCP connections
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1391878435-19340-1-git-send-email-fercerpav at gmail dot com> <20140209083056 dot GA32481 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20140209095308 dot GH2320 at home dot lan> <20140209130501 dot GA15183 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <83k3d4utwr dot fsf at gnu dot org> <20140209164748 dot GA25629 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20140209170821 dot GI2320 at home dot lan> <20150322163922 dot GA31444 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 17:39:22 +0100
> From: Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org,
> Joel Brobecker <email@example.com>,
> Paul Fertser <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 18:08:21 +0100, Paul Fertser wrote:
> > But gnulib docs say "This function is missing on some platforms: HP-UX
> > 11.11, IRIX 6.5, OSF/1 5.1, Solaris 7, Cygwin 1.5.x, mingw, MSVC 9,
> > Interix 3.5, BeOS", is it really ok this way?
> On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 18:45:15 +0100, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Cygwin 1.5, MSVC, and Interix aren't supported, AFAIK, and MinGW is
> > not relevant.
> On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 17:47:48 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > The patch with <ws2tcpip.h> really builds OK on Fedora mingw64.
> HP-UX 11.11: Removed by Jan: 61a12cfa7b25746914493cc0d94e5053a8492aa5
> IRIX 6.5: Removed by Pedro: 3831839c089cf3b65ad6b2efbc608e5a24a40379
> OSF/1 5.1: Removed by Pedro: 32a8097ba5dd6ddb71c0fb2fccbac262c371846a
> Solaris 7: ???
> Cygwin 1.5.x: Unsupported by GDB according to Eli.
> mingw: mingw-w64 is compatible as tested by Jan.
> MSVC 9: Unsupported by GDB according to Eli.
> Interix 3.5: Unsupported by GDB according to Eli.
> BeOS: Jan thinks the OS is unsupported by GDB.
Not sure what this is about, but just FYI: getaddrinfo is available
only since Windows XP, so earlier versions will not have it. MinGW64
doesn't care about versions older than XP, so it's a small wonder it
compiles without a hitch.