This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] update automake version to 1.11.6
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>, Binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 14:29:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] update automake version to 1.11.6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150311094134 dot GE9455 at vapier> <1426310999-13103-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <20150319120631 dot GB4884 at adacore dot com> <CADPb22SsgzcWz3XhQ_KgezXsV2Y190711fdo+oHK6fuWk=X3sw at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150319230427 dot GI4128 at vapier> <CADPb22QuAXWT33hf1QdJfzHFuK46mZ=y=4vm-CG1rptZsN4JwA at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150321195953 dot GA24181 at vapier>
On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> it's a throw
> back to pre-distro days when people were used to building/install software
> themselves, and it's unnecessary friction for new people to get into the
> development process today. death by a thousand cuts and all that.
If you want to submit a patch to remove such generated files and try
to get it approved, go for it.