This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Documentation and testcase
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 22:09:00 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Documentation and testcase
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426807358-18295-1-git-send-email-sergiodj at redhat dot com> <1426807358-18295-3-git-send-email-sergiodj at redhat dot com> <550C7905 dot 9090501 at redhat dot com> <87mw37wfd6 dot fsf at redhat dot com>
On 03/20/2015 09:03 PM, Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
>> > If not (I assume not), we could test that by loading the core
>> > into gdb, but _not_ the program, and then disassembling a function's
>> > address. It should fail. Then load the program and disassemble
>> > again. It should work now. Or something along those lines.
> Hm, OK. I guess I will try this approach, and if it doesn't happen then
> I will see about doing a regular file-backed mapping.
Thanks. If that approach doesn't work (for some odd reason), let's
try to come up with another approach that still makes sure that the
program's .text is not dumped, instead of mapping some other file.
It's important that we don't regress that specifically.
> I'll submit another revision of the series when I have something.