This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] Whitespace terminates keywords in the linespec parser.
- From: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 13:32:06 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Whitespace terminates keywords in the linespec parser.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150317205942 dot 9650 dot 84728 dot stgit at valrhona dot uglyboxes dot com> <20150319121834 dot GC4884 at adacore dot com>
On 03/19/2015 05:18 AM, Joel Brobecker wrote:
I think you know this code better than anyone, but what about
testing for the nul character as well? I'm guessing that, many times,
a keyword at the end of the linespec is going to result in an invalid
linespec, but it's still a keyword?
Right, but without getting too much further into this, I've elaborated
this patch a whole lot to get better behavior.
So consider this more simplistic patch (and the test in #2) withdrawn.
I've uncovered (and fixed) a bunch of keyword-related bugs/deficiencies.
Please see my follow-on patch, "Expand keyword lexing intelligence in
the linespec parser."
Thank you for your review!