This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] Use gdb_sysroot for main executable on attach
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 15:22:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Use gdb_sysroot for main executable on attach
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1425555461-22093-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com>
Please don't review this series, I'm going to rework and resubmit
them as part of a larger series I'm working on.
Gary Benson wrote:
> Hi all,
> This series modifies GDB to prefix the main executable's path with
> gdb_sysroot under certain circumstances, namely:
> * The path supplied by target_pid_to_exec_file is absolute, and
> * gdb_sysroot is set and not remote.
> This logic is skipped for remote gdb_sysroots because the subsequent
> code does not support opening the main executable over the remote
> protocol. This is something I intend to rectify with future patches
> but the ability to use gdb_sysroot like this is useful for attaching
> to processes running in chroot jails and containerized environments
> so I am submitting this series independently.
> Built and regtested on RHEL 6.6 x86_64.
> Ok to commit?