This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Reimplement "vFile:fstat" without qSupported
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 09:25:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Reimplement "vFile:fstat" without qSupported
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426590248-20310-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com>
On 03/17/2015 11:04 AM, Gary Benson wrote:
> Hi all,
> When I implemented the vFile:fstat packet the other week I didn't
> understand how support for the other vFile packets was negotiated.
> I implemented it using qSupported to indicate support, which means
> the vFile:fstat packet is handled differently from all other vFile
> packets--and for no good reason.
> This commit makes support for the vFile:fstat packet be determined
> by probing rather than using qSupported. This makes it consistent
> with all other vFile packets.
> Built and regtested on RHEL 6.6 x86_64.
> Ok to commit?