This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Reimplement "vFile:fstat" without qSupported
- From: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 13:09:32 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Reimplement "vFile:fstat" without qSupported
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426590248-20310-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com>
- Reply-to: Eli Zaretskii <eliz at gnu dot org>
> From: Gary Benson <email@example.com>
> Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 11:04:08 +0000
> When I implemented the vFile:fstat packet the other week I didn't
> understand how support for the other vFile packets was negotiated.
> I implemented it using qSupported to indicate support, which means
> the vFile:fstat packet is handled differently from all other vFile
> packets--and for no good reason.
> This commit makes support for the vFile:fstat packet be determined
> by probing rather than using qSupported. This makes it consistent
> with all other vFile packets.
> Built and regtested on RHEL 6.6 x86_64.
> Ok to commit?
OK for the documentation part.