This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] watchpoint-reuse-slot.exp: skip when requesting two breakpoints in one slot on aarch64
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 12:35:04 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] watchpoint-reuse-slot.exp: skip when requesting two breakpoints in one slot on aarch64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1426257692-30461-1-git-send-email-qiyaoltc at gmail dot com> <1426257692-30461-2-git-send-email-qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
On 03/13/2015 02:41 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
> From: Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> watchpoint-reuse-slot.exp sets two hardware breakpoints in contiguous
> address to reuse one debug register. However, requested address for
> breakpoint should be 4-byte aligned on aarch64, so it is impossible
> to request two hardware breakpoints and use one debug register. This
> patch is to skip the test in the case on aarch64-linux. Since arm
> has Thumb mode, in which instruction address can be 2-byte aligned,
> more thoughts are needed for arm in my next step.
So I take it that GDB complains when the user tries this, and thus
the test is failing on aarch64? What does the log show?