This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH] update automake version to 1.11.6
- From: Mike Frysinger <vapier at gentoo dot org>
- To: binutils at sourceware dot org, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 01:29:59 -0400
- Subject: [PATCH] update automake version to 1.11.6
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150311094134 dot GE9455 at vapier>
Debian stable (wheezy) and newer only have 1.11.6.
Ubuntu Trusty and newer only have 1.11.6.
Gentoo dropped <=1.11.5 2 years ago.
Fedora R17 was the last one to offer 1.11.x (it was 1.11.6).
Centos 7 doesn't offer any 1.11.x version.
OpenSUSE 12.2 was the last one to offer 1.11.x.
Arch Linux dropped 1.11.x 3 years ago.
Mageia 2 was the last one to offer 1.11.x.
So anyone who readily has access to automake 1.11.[0-5] is using a two
year old distro that is no longer supported. Lets use 1.11.6 as it's
the only 1.11.x version that is easily available.
2015-03-14 Mike Frysinger <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* README-maintainer-mode: Update automake to 1.11.6.
README-maintainer-mode | 2 +-
1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)
diff --git a/README-maintainer-mode b/README-maintainer-mode
index a350974..8b7d0cf 100644
@@ -12,7 +12,7 @@ find the sources for these in the respective upstream directories:
The required versions of the tools for this tree are
- automake 1.11
+ automake 1.11.6