This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/6] DWARF Two Level Line Tables
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Cary Coutant <ccoutant at google dot com>
- Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 10:44:40 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/6] DWARF Two Level Line Tables
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <yjt2egou7zsx dot fsf at ruffy dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <86egoshkg9 dot fsf at gmail dot com>
On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 10:32 AM, Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Doug Evans <email@example.com> writes:
>> This patch set adds Two Level Line Tables support to gdb,
>> as well as support for the DWARF 5 line table extensions.
> Hi Doug,
> I notice that a lot of code is added into dwarf2read.c in this patch
> set. Is it possible to put them in a separated file or split
> dwarf2read.c? Every time, when I read dwarf2read.c, I find it is too
> long to understand. IWBN to split dwarf2read.c, at least, add new stuff
> into a new file.
dwarf2read.c is long overdue for a split.
[though this patch set can't just be put in a new file as it
just augments the line number support that is already there]
But I'm still trying to catch gcc's dwarf2out.c.
With this patch we're within 15KB, we've almost caught up! :-)