This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: vvar, gup && coredump
- From: Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat dot com>
- To: Andy Lutomirski <luto at amacapital dot net>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org" <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 19:08:33 +0100
- Subject: Re: vvar, gup && coredump
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150305154827 dot GA9441 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <87zj7r5fpz dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20150305205744 dot GA13165 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20150311200052 dot GA22654 at redhat dot com> <20150312143438 dot GA4338 at redhat dot com> <CALCETrW5rmAHutzm_OwK2LTd_J0XByV3pvWGyW=AmC=v7rLfhQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150312165423 dot GA10073 at redhat dot com> <CALCETrUGu5Wc7BbbQ4_tn29JGbyotUJay67EHBEgSa8-bz01Jg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150312173901 dot GA12225 at redhat dot com> <CALCETrW=qNvg9aoJcOPKzY1yM=n=nJqHOY2-1P=w0OF0SjcQqA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03/12, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:39 AM, Oleg Nesterov <email@example.com> wrote:
> > Well. Speaking of vdso. I understand that unlikely we can do this, but
> > for uprobes it would be nice to have a anon-inode file behind this mapping,
> > so that vma_interval_tree_foreach() could work, etc. OK, this is completely
> > off-topic, please forget.
> Couldn't you do that directly in the uprobes code? That is, create an
> anon_inode file and just map it the old-fashioned way?
This won't help. Uprobes wants this file mmaped by all applications, so
that build_map_info() can find mm's, vma's, etc to install the system-wide
breakpoint. But again, this is off-topic and unlikely possible.