This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: vvar, gup && coredump
- From: Oleg Nesterov <oleg at redhat dot com>
- To: Andy Lutomirski <luto at amacapital dot net>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, Sergio Durigan Junior <sergiodj at redhat dot com>, GDB Patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>, "linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org" <linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 19:05:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: vvar, gup && coredump
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <878ufc9kau dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20150305154827 dot GA9441 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <87zj7r5fpz dot fsf at redhat dot com> <20150305205744 dot GA13165 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net> <20150311200052 dot GA22654 at redhat dot com> <20150312143438 dot GA4338 at redhat dot com> <CALCETrW5rmAHutzm_OwK2LTd_J0XByV3pvWGyW=AmC=v7rLfhQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150312165423 dot GA10073 at redhat dot com> <20150312174653 dot GA13086 at redhat dot com> <CALCETrVN7SY_LgD_3JA0dHC3UQTJs4ptKZG0Xu9J_JNrn-Bnkw at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 03/12, Andy Lutomirski wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 10:46 AM, Oleg Nesterov <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On 03/12, Oleg Nesterov wrote:
> >> Yes, this is true. OK, lets not dump it.
> > OTOH. We can probably add ->access() into special_mapping_vmops, this
> > way __access_remote_vm() could work even if gup() fails ?
> Let's wait until my special_mapping vmops rework lands to do that.
> I'll dust it off and resubmit it.
OK. Please CC me. Not that I think I can help, just I want to understand
what you are going to do.
Although currently I do not even read most of emails I get ;)