This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Remove HPUX
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:05:39 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch] Remove HPUX
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141016220028 dot GA25839 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <547C794B dot 6030108 at ericsson dot com> <20150311215725 dot GA11980 at host1 dot jankratochvil dot net>
On 03/11/2015 09:57 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:20:59 +0100, Simon Marchi wrote:
>> On 2014-10-16 06:00 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
>>> I did not investigate too much which other parts of GDB could be removed
>>> along, there may be some dead code now (but it always has been).
>> I stumbled upon one of them in elfread.c (elf_symtab_read), a comment
>> mentions a special case for hpux.
> The problem is that in these other platforms may have been quietly using the
> feature and removing it may regress them. In the patch being prepared
> I follow what the comments say, although I do not find it completely safe.
Yeah, best do such clean ups as separate patches, I think.