This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] Remove HPUX
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Simon Marchi <simon dot marchi at ericsson dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 22:57:25 +0100
- Subject: Re: [patch] Remove HPUX
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20141016220028 dot GA25839 at host2 dot jankratochvil dot net> <547C794B dot 6030108 at ericsson dot com>
On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:20:59 +0100, Simon Marchi wrote:
> On 2014-10-16 06:00 PM, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> > I did not investigate too much which other parts of GDB could be removed
> > along, there may be some dead code now (but it always has been).
> I stumbled upon one of them in elfread.c (elf_symtab_read), a comment
> mentions a special case for hpux.
The problem is that in these other platforms may have been quietly using the
feature and removing it may regress them. In the patch being prepared
I follow what the comments say, although I do not find it completely safe.