This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] [PATCH] Provide the ability to write the frame unwinder in Python
- From: Doug Evans <dje at google dot com>
- To: Andy Wingo <wingo at igalia dot com>
- Cc: Alexander Smundak <asmundak at google dot com>, Phil Muldoon <pmuldoon at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 10:34:54 -0700
- Subject: Re: [RFC] [PATCH] Provide the ability to write the frame unwinder in Python
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHQ51u7NUoQ8w9c5mc-Eiz05b1Nub6zqj_Ne7vfgWb5EP9_X8w at mail dot gmail dot com> <21714 dot 40641 dot 510825 dot 30998 at ruffy2 dot mtv dot corp dot google dot com> <CAHQ51u5_ViLaEmv9e43R-wzuWw8dwNkb-2XgCRy5ELQq5FUAWg at mail dot gmail dot com> <54E71694 dot 1080304 at redhat dot com> <CAHQ51u75+9HYAVJXYNQa0gTnQtYKEgmSkyAhAPYp-y4HGtXssg at mail dot gmail dot com> <CAHQ51u6UZ7A47rpGgX0QGeYSTCz1eo_3jWHc=q2ZX3YhqcJ6iQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <87ioei31uj dot fsf at igalia dot com> <CAHQ51u4f+Vx7qXPm-KAAENOceaVogMbDMw6==N_nY+GrLr4Pgg at mail dot gmail dot com> <87d24p19tt dot fsf at igalia dot com> <54FD7DAA dot 7010603 at redhat dot com> <CAHQ51u7sUkGhkmvTaaO_Jo6Jn+kojfiMWHmc2=7OWHThAq6EKw at mail dot gmail dot com> <87twxrncld dot fsf at igalia dot com>
On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 1:49 AM, Andy Wingo <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> What do you think about merging the SnifferInfo and UnwindInfo objects
> into an EphemeralFrame object? It would be nice to use the same nouns
> on the Guile and Python sides.
I'd like to see the two implementations be as identical as is
Consistency Is Good.
[Which isn't to advocate for one implementation or the other yet.
You guys are writing both the API side and the client side, so you're
more up to speed on what you need.]