This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Support gzip compressed exec and core files in gdb
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- To: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, binutils <binutils at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 07:58:20 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Support gzip compressed exec and core files in gdb
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54FF77D6 dot 7010400 at eagerm dot com> <20150311100702 dot GA3698 at blade dot nx>
On 03/11/15 03:07, Gary Benson wrote:
Michael Eager wrote:
Add support to automatically unzip compressed executable and core
files. Files will be uncompressed into temporary directory (/tmp or
$TMPDIR) and are deleted when GDB exits. This should be transparent
to users, except for disk space requirements. The name of the
uncompressed file is mentioned, but all references to the file in
GDB messages is to the file which the user specified.
diff --git a/gdb/common/filestuff.c b/gdb/common/filestuff.c
index 14d6324..b2c31fd 100644
Please do not add GDBSERVER conditionals to gdb/common, I spent half
a year removing them all.
It looks like this code is only used by GDB, not gdbserver, so the
fix is simple, just put the code somewhere GDB-specific.
Sure. Any suggestions? gdb_bfd.c seems like the wrong place.
Michael Eager email@example.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077