This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 0/2] Use gdb_sysroot for main executable on attach
- From: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- To: gbenson at redhat dot com
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 13:48:49 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] Use gdb_sysroot for main executable on attach
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1425555461-22093-1-git-send-email-gbenson at redhat dot com>
> From: Gary Benson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:37:39 +0000
> Hi all,
> This series modifies GDB to prefix the main executable's path with
> gdb_sysroot under certain circumstances, namely:
> * The path supplied by target_pid_to_exec_file is absolute, and
> * gdb_sysroot is set and not remote.
> This logic is skipped for remote gdb_sysroots because the subsequent
> code does not support opening the main executable over the remote
> protocol. This is something I intend to rectify with future patches
> but the ability to use gdb_sysroot like this is useful for attaching
> to processes running in chroot jails and containerized environments
> so I am submitting this series independently.
> Built and regtested on RHEL 6.6 x86_64.
> Ok to commit?
What problem are you trying to fix?