This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH 0/2] Use gdb_sysroot for main executable on attach
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 11:37:39 +0000
- Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Use gdb_sysroot for main executable on attach
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
This series modifies GDB to prefix the main executable's path with
gdb_sysroot under certain circumstances, namely:
* The path supplied by target_pid_to_exec_file is absolute, and
* gdb_sysroot is set and not remote.
This logic is skipped for remote gdb_sysroots because the subsequent
code does not support opening the main executable over the remote
protocol. This is something I intend to rectify with future patches
but the ability to use gdb_sysroot like this is useful for attaching
to processes running in chroot jails and containerized environments
so I am submitting this series independently.
Built and regtested on RHEL 6.6 x86_64.
Ok to commit?