This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [pushed] Fix gdb.threads/thread-specific-bp.exp race
- From: Gary Benson <gbenson at redhat dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2015 09:22:49 +0000
- Subject: Re: [pushed] Fix gdb.threads/thread-specific-bp.exp race
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1425497614-16522-1-git-send-email-palves at redhat dot com>
Pedro Alves wrote:
> Gary stumbled on this:
> (gdb) PASS: gdb.threads/thread-specific-bp.exp: all-stop: continue to end
> info threads
> Id Target Id Frame
> * 1 Thread 0x7ffff7fdb700 (LWP 13717) "thread-specific" end () at /home/gary/work/archer/startswith/src/gdb/testsuite/gdb.threads/thread-specific-bp.c:29
> (gdb) FAIL: gdb.threads/thread-specific-bp.exp: all-stop: thread start is gone
> info breakpoint
> The problem is that "...archer/startswith/src..." has a "start" in
> it, which matches the too-lax regex in the test.
> Rather than tweaking the regex, we can just remove the whole "info
> threads", like we removed similar ones in other files -- GDB
> nowadays does this implicitly already, so things should work without
> it. Thus removing this even improves testing here a bit.
> 2015-03-04 Pedro Alves <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * gdb.threads/thread-specific-bp.exp: Delete "info threads" test.
Thanks for fixing this Pedro.