This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: breakpoint-in-ro-region.exp: Support targets stopping in mid-line after "si"
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Andreas Arnez <arnez at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:25:32 +0000
- Subject: Re: breakpoint-in-ro-region.exp: Support targets stopping in mid-line after "si"
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <87bnkaxp8n dot fsf at br87z6lw dot de dot ibm dot com>
Andreas Arnez <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> On some targets each of the assignments "i = 0" in the C source for
> "breakpoint-in-ro-region.exp" are compiled to a single instruction.
> Then each "si" stops at the beginning of the next source line. But on
> some other targets (like s390) such an assignment compiles to multiple
> instructions. Then "si" may stop in mid-line, and GDB displays the PC
> address in addition to the source line number. This was not considered
> by the regexp for this case.
Yes, they fail on aarch64-linux too.
> * gdb.base/breakpoint-in-ro-region.exp (test_single_step): In the
> regexps for GDB's current line display, accept a hex address
> preceding the line number.
It looks good to me.