This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] Support command "catch syscall" properly on different targets
- From: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Yao Qi <qiyaoltc at gmail dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2015 12:06:13 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Support command "catch syscall" properly on different targets
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1425047015-1906-1-git-send-email-qiyaoltc at gmail dot com> <54F0BC6B dot 8070901 at redhat dot com>
Pedro Alves <email@example.com> writes:
> Do we actually need to do anything when the inferior is created?
> Supposedly once the inferior is created, we'll try to insert
> the catchpoint, and that will fail is the target does not
> support it.
No, but we need to tweak test case to emit UNSUPPORTED instead of FAIL
if the target doesn't support "catch syscall".