This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] btrace: work around _dl_runtime_resolve returning to resolved function
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Markus Metzger <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org, Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 22:09:18 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] btrace: work around _dl_runtime_resolve returning to resolved function
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1423473083-28068-1-git-send-email-markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
On 02/09/2015 09:11 AM, Markus Metzger wrote:
> On some systems, _dl_runtime_resolve returns to the resolved function
> instead of jumping to it. Since btrace will not find the function in
> the current stack back trace, it will start a new back trace on the
> same level. It will look the same to the user via the backtrace
> command but the frames will have different id's which confuses stepping.
> This fixes a test fail with 32-bit inferior reported by Jan Kratochvil.
> CC: Jan Kratochvil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> 2015-02-09 Markus Metzger <email@example.com>
> * btrace.c (ftrace_update_function): Treat return as tailcall for