This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: gdb-7.8 MIPS assert failure in findvar.c
- From: Michael Eager <eager at eagerm dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2015 09:59:28 -0800
- Subject: Re: gdb-7.8 MIPS assert failure in findvar.c
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <54F0972E dot 7070800 at eagerm dot com> <20150302142934 dot GB4449 at adacore dot com>
On 03/02/15 06:29, Joel Brobecker wrote:
An assert failure on MIPS big-endian in findvar.c was fixed in
HEAD, but not applied to gdb-7.8.
The patch is here:
Applied and tested on gdb-7.8. OK to apply to gdb-7.8-branch?
Do you really need this in the gdb-7.8 branch? This branch isn't
exactly completely closed, but the chances of us making another
release off of it are very small.
I'm doing nightly builds of several gdb branches (head, gdb-7.9,
and gdb-7.8) where I rebase local patches onto the repo branches.
I added this patch to our local patches then re-thought that it
should be part of the repo, not treated as a local mod.
Anyway, if useful to you, go ahead and push to that branch.
Committed d99093fd0 to gdb-7.8-branch.
Michael Eager email@example.com
1960 Park Blvd., Palo Alto, CA 94306 650-325-8077