This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH v3 5/9] Explicit locations: introduce probe locations
- From: Doug Evans <xdje42 at gmail dot com>
- To: Keith Seitz <keiths at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 13:03:04 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 5/9] Explicit locations: introduce probe locations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150217220619 dot 1312 dot 39861 dot stgit at valrhona dot uglyboxes dot com> <20150217220648 dot 1312 dot 61126 dot stgit at valrhona dot uglyboxes dot com>
Keith Seitz <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This patch adds support for probe locations and converts existing
> probe linespec locations to the new location type.
> * break-catch-throw.c (re_set_exception_catchpoint): Convert
> linespec for stap probe to probe location.
> * breakpoint.c (create_longjmp_master_breakpoint): Likewise.
> (create_exception_master_breakpoint): Likewise.
> (break_command_1): Remove local variable `arg_cp'.
> Check location type to set appropriate breakpoint ops methods.
> (trace_command): Likewise.
> * linespec.c (event_location_to_sals): Assert on probe locations.
> * location.c (EL_PROBE): Add macro definition.
> (new_probe_location, get_probe_location): New functions.
> (copy_event_location): Handle probe locations.
> (delete_event_location): Likewise.
> (event_location_to_string): Likewise.
> (string_to_event_location): Likewise.
> (event_location_empty_p): Likewise.
> * location.h (enum event_location_type): Add PROBE_LOCATION.
> (new_probe_location, get_probe_location): Declare.
> * probe.c (parse_probes): Assert that LOCATION is a probe location.
> Convert linespec into probe location.