This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH, v2] Share ptrace options discovery/linux native code between GDB and gdbserver
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: lgustavo at codesourcery dot com
- Cc: "'gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org'" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>, Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:38:04 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, v2] Share ptrace options discovery/linux native code between GDB and gdbserver
- References: <5212A9E1 dot 6030707 at codesourcery dot com>
>>>>> "Luis" == Luis Machado <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Luis> This is the second iteration of the patch to do some sharing of ptrace
Luis> and native linux stuff between GDB and gdbserver.
Luis> I've included fixes based on reviews, so hopefully this is in better
Luis> shape now.
Thanks. I like it. I have a few nits though.
Luis> * common/linux-ptrace.c: Include nat/linux-waitpid.h.
I suppose at some point this file ought to be moved.
Luis> * config.in (PTRACE_TYPE_ARG4): Undefine.
Usually for config.in I just write:
* config.in: Rebuild.
... since presumably you just used autoheader.
Luis> * configure.ac (AC_CACHE_CHECK): Add void * to the list of
Luis> ptrace's 4th argument's types.
Luis> Check the type of PTRACE_TYPE_ARG4.
AC_CACHE_CHECK isn't the right function name. Perhaps no name is best
Also, doesn't this check need to be done in gdbserver as well?