This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Set entryval_error to NULL if entryval is set
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 13:56:29 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Set entryval_error to NULL if entryval is set
- References: <1375690566-7417-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <874nb4b5b3 dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <52033F8A dot 4020809 at codesourcery dot com>
>>>>> "Yao" == Yao Qi <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> The bug fix part looks ok to me, but I think you need a special test
>> case in order to really test entry values. Or to put it another way,
>> what happens if this test is run with a compiler that doesn't emit entry
>> value information?
Yao> Patch in gdb.trace/collection.exp is to test arguments and/or entry
Yao> values are shown properly, without the internal error. Testing the
Yao> contents of entry values is not the point of this test and the patch.
I've re-read the patch and I think that I was misunderstanding what it
was doing. In particular I missed the "set print entry-values only" bit.
The patch is ok.