This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 1/3] Detect GDB is in cygwin
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 15:23:39 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] Detect GDB is in cygwin
- References: <83txjdxtpd dot fsf at gnu dot org> <51F786CB dot 3020700 at codesourcery dot com> <83a9l4xdst dot fsf at gnu dot org> <51FA137B dot 6070207 at codesourcery dot com> <20130803045452 dot GA997 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51FE1493 dot 9070707 at codesourcery dot com> <20130805044122 dot GA1825 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <51FF4483 dot 5000102 at codesourcery dot com> <20130806020839 dot GA3362 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx> <520067CB dot 4000300 at codesourcery dot com> <20130808051114 dot GA1553 at ednor dot casa dot cgf dot cx>
On 08/08/2013 01:11 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
If you're just going to always set to unbuffered when something
is a pipe, why not just check for a pipe using GetFileType? Then
you don't have to try to use an undocumented Cygwin behaviour.
What I am going to do is to set stdout/stderr unbuffered if we can
detect that GDB is running in cygwin, with tty allocated or without tty
allocated. We'd like to restrict this behaviour change only when
mingw gdb is running in cygwin. We don't want to change the behaviour
on native windows, so we have to rely on this Cygwin behaviour.