This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Set entryval_error to NULL if entryval is set
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 14:49:46 +0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Set entryval_error to NULL if entryval is set
- References: <1375690566-7417-1-git-send-email-yao at codesourcery dot com> <874nb4b5b3 dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com>
On 08/05/2013 10:06 PM, Tom Tromey wrote:
The bug fix part looks ok to me, but I think you need a special test
case in order to really test entry values. Or to put it another way,
what happens if this test is run with a compiler that doesn't emit entry
Patch in gdb.trace/collection.exp is to test arguments and/or entry
values are shown properly, without the internal error. Testing the
contents of entry values is not the point of this test and the patch.
AFAIK, entry values is tested by gdb.arch/amd64-entry-value.exp.