This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH 2/8] add target method delegation
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: "Metzger\, Markus T" <markus dot t dot metzger at intel dot com>
- Cc: "gdb-patches\ at sourceware dot org" <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 09:13:43 -0600
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/8] add target method delegation
- References: <1375116324-32092-1-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <1375116324-32092-3-git-send-email-tromey at redhat dot com> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B230A98E0FE at IRSMSX104 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com> <8761vsm7ex dot fsf at fleche dot redhat dot com> <A78C989F6D9628469189715575E55B230A98E2CC at IRSMSX104 dot ger dot corp dot intel dot com>
Tom> I considered this, but the difficulty is that I can't test, or even
Tom> compile, a reasonable subset of the changes.
Markus> Afaik, Sanimir wanted to look into using the gcc compile farm.
Yeah. That has decent arch coverage, though not complete.
I will give it a try. Maybe there are enough machines.
Markus> I admit that I also changed target specific code that I was not able
Markus> to compile and test.
It's unavoidable at times.
Being the loosie-goosie person I am, I tend to think we should just push
forward on such changes and let the breakage flush out obsolete ports.
But I assume I'm less conservative than the median gdb maintainer.