This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] fix PR 15180 "May only run agent-printf on the target"
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Hui Zhu <teawater at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches ml <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 09:10:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix PR 15180 "May only run agent-printf on the target"
- References: <CANFwon1CBRpQYOCzUD16JX-4spE-cMJFq4PF0oGd8m1irJndoA at mail dot gmail dot com> <51CB2BAA dot 1070507 at redhat dot com> <CANFwon1j8zhxShFKh0iUOcp-kqdBjm_5bZvAKoFamAxoff-KeA at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 06/30/2013 04:17 PM, Hui Zhu wrote:
>> > If dprintf style is agent, then the target doesn't report events
>> > for such hits. If we happen to see a trap reported for the
>> > same address as another breakpoint, the trap is surely not explained
>> > by the dprintf. IOW, we shouldn't have a bpstat a dprintf w/ style
>> > agent at all. What is need is to override the breakpoint_hit method
>> > of dprintf_breakpoint_ops to always return false for agent style dprintfs.
>> > Or maybe I'm missing something. I have a hard time going from
>> > the bug description in the PR to the patch.
> OK. I add dprintf_check_status in the new patch according to your comments.
But I suggested the breakpoint_ops->breakpoint_hit not breakpoint_ops->check_status.
An agent-style dprintf is just like a tracepoint. It can't ever explain
a stop. See tracepoint_breakpoint_hit. If it didn't work, please explain why.