This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[PATCH] Fix for QTro remote packet
- From: David Taylor <dtaylor at emc dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 13:38:06 -0400
- Subject: [PATCH] Fix for QTro remote packet
In function remote_trace_set_readonly_regions in gdb/remote.c, the local
variable 'offset' does not account for "QTro" at the start of the packet
with the result that if there are any read-only regions, the packet is
sent -- but without the "QTro" -- causing the remote stub to report that
the packet is unsupported.
2013-05-01 David Taylor <email@example.com>
* remote.c (remote_trace_set_readonly_regions): Do not overwrite
"QTro" at start of packet.
Here's a one line patch to gdb/remote.c of gdb 7.6:
--- remote.c~ 2013-04-12 12:04:50.000000000 -0400
+++ remote.c 2013-05-01 12:45:10.000000000 -0400
@@ -10652,6 +10652,7 @@
return; /* No information to give. */
strcpy (target_buf, "QTro");
+ offset = strlen (target_buf);
for (s = exec_bfd->sections; s; s = s->next)
char tmp1, tmp2;
This is small enough that no copyright assignment should be needed, but
EMC has one on file.