This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[patch NEWS+7.6] List the MI "fullname" change
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 19:50:27 +0200
- Subject: [patch NEWS+7.6] List the MI "fullname" change
the was change
[rfc] Print MI fullname even for non-existing files
which Pedro has found
is not reflected in gdb/NEWS.
2013-04-03 Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com>
* NEWS (Changes in GDB 7.6): Update the data-disassemble for "fullname".
New entry about "fullname" presence.
diff --git a/gdb/NEWS b/gdb/NEWS
index a2a7320..621da2c 100644
@@ -220,8 +220,7 @@ show debug notification
** Memory changes are now notified using new async record
** The data-disassemble command response will include a "fullname" field
- containing the absolute file name when GDB can determine it and source
- has been requested.
+ containing the absolute file name when source has been requested.
** New optional parameter COUNT added to the "-data-write-memory-bytes"
command, to allow pattern filling of memory areas.
** New commands "-catch-load"/"-catch-unload" added for intercepting
@@ -232,6 +231,8 @@ show debug notification
** Output of the "-trace-status" command includes a "trace-file" field
containing the name of the trace file being examined. This field is
optional, and only present when examining a trace file.
+ ** The "fullname" field is now always present along the "file" field,
+ even if the file cannot be found by GDB.
* GDB now supports the "mini debuginfo" section, .gnu_debugdata.
You must have the LZMA library available when configuring GDB for this