This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PLT call stub for ppc64
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: emachado at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com (Edjunior Barbosa Machado)
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 20:21:13 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PLT call stub for ppc64
Edjunior Machado wrote:
> GDB was unable to 'step' into a c/c++ function from a shared library on ppc64
> due to a change in linker that removes a load
> instruction from the PLT call stub
> (http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2011-07/msg00141.html). This patch fixes this
> on GDB, marking the mentioned instruction as optional, since it still might
> appear if the linker is called with '--plt-static-chain'.
Hmm, looking at the binutils patch, it seems to me that the static chain load
in the *other* PLT stubs (ppc64_standard_linkage1, ppc64_standard_linkage2)
should now also be marked as optional, shouldn't it?
Otherwise looks good to me.
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE