This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
[suspend] [patch 3/3] attach-fail-reasons: SELinux deny_ptrace
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 07:53:19 +0100
- Subject: [suspend] [patch 3/3] attach-fail-reasons: SELinux deny_ptrace
- References: <20120306061739.GC24004@host2.jankratochvil.net>
On Tue, 06 Mar 2012 07:17:39 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> and here is the last bit for new SELinux 'deny_ptrace':
FYI going to keep this patch off-trunk for a while as 'deny_ptrace' is not
going to restrict PTRACE_TRACEME. Therefore the GDB patch no longer has to
protect against failing PTRACE_TRACEME. This does simplify the GDB patch.
I will wait till the SELinux kernel 'deny_ptrace' restrictions settle down.