This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [PATCH] dynamic printf
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: Stan Shebs <stanshebs at earthlink dot net>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 08:13:37 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] dynamic printf
- References: <4F4DCDD5.email@example.com>
> This patch implements a "dynamic printf", which is basically a
> breakpoint with a printf;continue as its command list - but with
> additional features that make it more interesting.
Or like a tracepoint that does printf? Would it influence an operation
such as "next", for instance?
> The syntax of the command is
> dprintf <location> <format>,<arg>,<arg>...
The idea looks uber-cool to me! The number of times I've had to
rebuild GDB to add some temporary traces...