This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 5/8] Doc for agent
- From: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- Cc: <gdb-patches at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 21:29:37 +0800
- Subject: Re: [patch 5/8] Doc for agent
- References: <4F1D55D7.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F1D678B.email@example.com> <4F34248A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 02/10/2012 03:54 AM, Pedro Alves wrote:
> Some things, like the new target-side breakpoint conditions, and tracepoints,
> use agent expressions as well, without having an agent loaded in the inferior.
> Do you think it still makes sense to move the whole section considering that?
No, I don't think it makes sense anymore, because agent expression is being
used in non-agent cases. My patch should be updated as well. We
can add a new chapter for "Agent", which is about how to control
agent by commands, and leave original appendix GDB Agent Expression
Mechanism there, with some minor changes, where needed. WDYT?