This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch 5/8] Doc for agent
- From: Pedro Alves <palves at redhat dot com>
- To: Yao Qi <yao at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 19:54:50 +0000
- Subject: Re: [patch 5/8] Doc for agent
- References: <4F1D55D7.email@example.com> <4F1D678B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 01/23/2012 01:58 PM, Yao Qi wrote:
> In this patch, we create a new chapter for agent, and put "Agent
> Expression" under this chapter. One section "Control Agent" is added to
> document command in patch 3/8, and the rest of them is from original
> "Agent Expression".
Some things, like the new target-side breakpoint conditions, and tracepoints,
use agent expressions as well, without having an agent loaded in the inferior.
Do you think it still makes sense to move the whole section considering that?
I'm just worried about whether moving everything under the same umbrella is
inducing confusion, since it seems that what you're calling an "agent", is
really an in-process agent. I really don't know, and I'm just raising it,
in case it wasn't considered.