This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: Performance regression (12x): Re: RFC: add relative file name handling for linespecs
- From: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>
- To: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- Cc: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2012 08:03:16 -0700
- Subject: Re: Performance regression (12x): Re: RFC: add relative file name handling for linespecs
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20120119153236.GA6229@host2.jankratochvil.net> <email@example.com> <20120201102137.GF31383@adacore.com>
>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Brobecker <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
Joel> I missed this message! You should have told me and I would have looked
Joel> into it.
Oh, sure, now you tell me ;-)
Joel> Thanks a lot for the patch. I agree that the patch looks correct,
Joel> but I'm a little confused by the name of the new function (the _full
Joel> suffix suggests that the lookup is always a full search).
Joel> Traditionally, we've used a _1 suffix instead, which is very
Joel> unimaginative and yet so convenient. I was going to change
Joel> your patch this way, but in the end, I'm just thinking I should
Joel> just add the parameter and update all callers. There are not that
Joel> many. I suspect you might have thought about this too, only to
Joel> just try the minimum change.
Joel> Would it be OK with you if I made that change instead?
I will do it, it is no big deal.