This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: RFC: one more question about year ranges in copyright notices...
- From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker at adacore dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 10:23:10 +0400
- Subject: Re: RFC: one more question about year ranges in copyright notices...
- References: <20120104094649.GV2730@adacore.com>
Thanks a lot to all of you who answered. Very helpful. As usual
when it comes to legal matters, I did not have a clear understanding
of the all the ramifications. I have therefore sent the question
to the FSF copyright clerk email address.
One small clarification: The proposed change will simply shrink
the copyright years into a single range, but it will not change
the initial year recorded in each file. If that initial year is
mistaken (in either direction), fixing that would need to be done
on an individual basis after review.
Now, wait and see...