This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFA] Disable ASLR on Darwin
- From: Pedro Alves <pedro at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Cc: Tristan Gingold <gingold at adacore dot com>
- Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 15:34:30 +0100
- Subject: Re: [RFA] Disable ASLR on Darwin
- References: <EDAE3865-56A4-4962-9E29-FF1353DBC11A@adacore.com>
On Wednesday 21 September 2011 14:45:37, Tristan Gingold wrote:
> this patch disable ASLR on Darwin for spawned programs, so that you can reuse breakpoint/watchpoints with addresses.
> Also this adds support for PIE for free (as already noted by Pedro, this doesn't handle attached processes).
> Contrary to other OS, this is done at exec (i.e. posix_spawn) time. In order to use posix_spawn instead of exec, I added a parameter to fork_inferior, adjusted all the calls of fork_inferior (I preferred to pass NULL instead of execvp, because the prototype of the later is somewhat not universal), and added the real work for darwin.
> No regressions on i386/GNU linux
> Manually tested on Lion.
> Ok for trunk ?
Okay, though it's a shame you don't leave the option to disable
ASLR with a user setting like on linux.