This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [patch] testsuite: Fix x32, introduce is_amd64_regs_target
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>, gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 09:01:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] testsuite: Fix x32, introduce is_amd64_regs_target
- References: <20110826092539.GA23720@host1.jankratochvil.net> <CAMe9rOpqQySk0Jdhgp9NPq6QAaa-nobrD1DBNuyHzXtNEcuZcQ@mail.gmail.com> <20110828200640.GA10351@host1.jankratochvil.net> <201108282105.p7SL5YAL006825@glazunov.sibelius.xs4all.nl> <20110908153454.GE23706@host1.jankratochvil.net>
On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM, Jan Kratochvil
> On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 23:05:34 +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
>> > From: Jan Kratochvil <email@example.com>
>> > x32 uses triple x86_64-x32-linux* which matches x86_64-*-*.
>> Uh, that's wrong. ?The middle part if the target triplet is supposed
>> to be the hardware vendor. ?For i386/amd64 this is pretty much
>> meaningles, but attaching a new meaning to it would be a mistake.
>> Fortunately, your diff doesn't really depend on this. ?But I think you
>> should adjust the comments in the code.
> The triple x86_64-x32-linux* is a reality in binutils, gcc etc., I believe if
> it should be changed GDB is not the place to start such change.
> And the comments should reflect the reality.
> OK to check it in as is?
I am using x86_64-x32-linux* for x32. Instead, I
am using x86_64-*-linux* with sizeof (long) == 4.