This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
Re: [RFC] i386 PLT stub unwinder
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Kettenis <mark dot kettenis at xs4all dot nl>
- Cc: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2011 18:14:02 +0200
- Subject: Re: [RFC] i386 PLT stub unwinder
- References: <201106131555.p5DFtucc019690@glazunov.sibelius.xs4all.nl>
On Mon, 13 Jun 2011 17:55:56 +0200, Mark Kettenis wrote:
> Jan's mail about DWARF CFI for PLT stubs prompted me to write an
> undinder for the PLT stubs as defined by the i386 ABI. With this
> change I can step through the PLT stubs and always have a proper
I do not think GDB is the right place to fix it, it should be fixed by proper
.eh_Frame as this problem affects all the tools trying to unwind such as also
oprofile, systemtap etc.