This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GDB project.
cancel/FYI: Re: [patch] workaround gcc46: prologue skip skips too far (PR 12435)
- From: Jan Kratochvil <jan dot kratochvil at redhat dot com>
- To: gdb-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 14:35:10 +0200
- Subject: cancel/FYI: Re: [patch] workaround gcc46: prologue skip skips too far (PR 12435)
- References: <20110326070048.GA12462@host1.jankratochvil.net>
On Sat, 26 Mar 2011 08:00:48 +0100, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
> as FSF GCC 4.6.0 is going to be released with its debug/ regression:
during verifications I have found that it for example regresses at least
inferiors built by gcc-4.5.1-4.fc14.x86_64 (that is not affected by this Bug)
on gdb/objfiles.c line:
/* Don't relocate a shared blockvector more than once. */
where due to the workaround it will lose the line number information for the
`continue;' line. Therefore there would be needed DW_AT_producer check and it
would not be a clear win anyway, unless some more sophisticated workaround
would be developed.
Therefore I believe it should be rather just fixed for GCC-4.6.1.
Unfortunately for example breakpoint on GDB `error' function and any other
stdarg function does not work with GCC-4.6.0.